10:00 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
This is probably the first ever opportunity for UK body psychotherapists of all modalities and backgrounds to get together. It will not be a formal conference with speeches, but an informal gathering including opportunities for interaction on several levels, including
- large group discussion and brief presentations
- talking about particular themes in smaller groups
- one-to-one conversations
- open plan networking, gossip and chat in tea and lunch breaks
- a social dreaming matrix where we can pool unconscious wisdom and imagery.
The event is being offered to the body psychotherapy community as a gift by the Embodied-Relational Therapy Association (www.erthworks.co.uk). We see several ways in which it can be of value:
- finding out who we are – who is practising BP in this country? There are several organisations, but none of them include everyone, and probably many
practitioners belong to none of them.
- Building a sense of community and solidarity between practitioners. This seems especially important for BP, which can feel out on a limb compared with verbal approaches.
- Finding out about the various different training and modalities, and kick-starting dialogue between them.
- Exploring whether there it might be helpful to create an umbrella organisation for all UK practitioners, and if so what form this might take.
The day is open to everyone who identifies as a body psychotherapist, or as body-focused, body-centred, body-oriented, embodied, etc etc; also to people exploring the idea of training in this area. You do not need any certification in order to attend.
It will take place at Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA, from 10 am (registration from 9.30) to 4.30 pm. Refreshments will be provided, but you will need to get your own lunch (plenty of shops and cafes nearby). There will be a charge of £20 for the day to cover expenses; if you need a reduction, please ask. Any profit will go to an environmental charity.
To book your place, please email Nick Totton, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and an optional description of your practice. Send the £20 by bank transfer to N Totton, Lloyds Bank, 30-93-76, 03575844, using your name as reference. Once the money has been received a place will be reserved for you and you will receive further details
Location Resource for London 356 Holloway Road London N7 6PA
Contact Details Contact Person: Nick Totton Email: email@example.com More contact details: Website:
Cost £20 for the day to cover expenses; if you need a reduction, please ask. Any profit will go to an environmental charity.